Business, Economy, Money & Investment News
Falling Reserves: CBN Ousts Importation of Generators, Others From Official Forex
Naira depreciation worsens, loses 285k in interbank
Investors lose N1trn in four days on NSE
Determined to stem the continued decline in the nation’s external reserves, the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, yesterday excluded importation of generators and some items from purchase of foreign exchange from the official foreign exchange market.
Group Partners Osun Government on Industrialization of Ijesaland
By AfricanOutlook Reporter
Ijesaland Development Foundation (IDF), a Non-Government Organisation is to partner with the Osun State Government to explore a summit which aimed on the industrialization of Ijesaland located in Osun State.
Vehicle Prices Rise as 70% Tariff Kicks Off July 1 in Nigeria
From Monday, a new car that was sold for N3 million before the Federal Government introduced the new automotive policy may now cost N5.1 million. The full implementation of the policy which begins Tuesday (July 1) has put 70 per cent tariff on vehicles.
West Africa Must Confront Political Weaknesses to Curb Drugs Trade: Obasanjo
ACCRA (Reuters) - West Africa must openly confront its political and governance weaknesses to curb the growing drug trade in the region, former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo said on Wednesday.
Why Africa Must be at Heart of Global Tax Reforms
Illicit financial flows deprive Africa of billions of dollars each year, more than is received in overseas development aid or foreign direct investment combined.
By Kenneth Kazibwe
The UN High-level Panel on Illicit Financial Flows is charged with developing recommendations to end this flight of much-needed capital from Africa.
More Articles ...
- Former Mexican President, Fox, Tasks Nigerian Government to Emulate His Country's Agriculture Success Story
- Society of Engineers Wants Nigerian Railway Corporation Privatised
- "Super tax" on African Remittances Hurts Development: Thinktank
- Japanese Firm Plans Solar Energy Business For Rural Ogun State
- Nigeria Surpasses South Africa as Continent's Biggest Economy
- Lupita Nyong'o Gets Lancome Deal After Oscar-winning Role
- Inside the Nigerian Private Jet World - BBC Report
- Nigeria’s Biggest Mobile Operators Fined for Poor Service
- My Story by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
- AFRICA INVESTMENT - Sanusi Suspension: Oil-Polluted Politics Cloud Africa Anti-Graft Efforts
- CBN Launches Biometric Customer Registration
- Homeowners' Charter: Banks Buy-in With Soft Loan Offer for Ogun Workers
- Job Losses Loom in Telecoms Industry
- Channels TV Wins Best Nigerian TV Award For The Eighth Time
- Illegal Operation: Ogun Clamps Down on Two Chinese Firms